Masterful Reverb: Everything You Need to Know13 Posts
Reverb is an incredibly important effect that can add life to a track. How you use it is totally up to you. Reverb can be subtle or blatant, sound natural or add interesting flavors to the mix. Using it effectively takes skill and experience, and knowing the right techniques.
Here is a broad collection of tutorials that aim to teach you those techniques, starting with great advice for the beginner, progressing to advanced techniques, and showing you how to produce some classic reverb effects. Work through them in order, or jump to the tut that most interests you. When you're finished, review what you've learned with the quiz.
For even more tutorials, check out all of our posts tagged "reverb".
- Music & AudioWhy Reverb Is the Most Essential Effect in Your Toolkit
- Music & AudioHow The Hell Do I Use Reverb Anyway?!? Basix
- Music & AudioHow the Hell do I Use Reverb Again?!?Welcome to the unannounced bastard child of my old and golden tutorial, How the Hell do I Use Reverb Anyway?!? If you need a primer on the basics of reverb, I highly recommend you read that one before you jump into this one. It goes over everything you need to know about reverb: all the knobs and buttons you need to familiarize yourself with.Read More…
- Music & AudioDavid Bowick Is Interviewed About Reverb
- Music & AudioThe Ultimate Guide to Hardware and Software ReverbAlthough most people have a pretty good idea what reverb is, some of you may still stick to pre-sets and shy away from programming your own virtual spaces. Only a small amount of work is needed to learn the basics and achieve a truly bespoke sound through controlling and tweaking your reverb.Read More…
- Music & AudioOpen Mic: Which Reverb Plugins Do You Use?
- Music & AudioQuick Tip: How to Create a Natural Reverberation Sound by Bussing Correctly
- Music & AudioDynamic Reverb Returns
- Music & AudioQuick Tip: When Your Reverb is Too Wet... Duck!Here is a cool trick I just used while trying to get a massive clap sound while still keeping it centered and focused. I'm sure it has been done before as it seems fairly obvious when it is all said and done, but I don't remember reading or hearing about it elsewhere (selective memory can be crucial in garnering personal feelings of discovery ;), so it is at least a lesser known trick that you may not have thought of and one I can share with you here.Read More…
- Music & AudioHow to Create an 80s Gated ReverbWe've been spending a fair amount of time on reverb lately, with every author chiming in on a reverb related aspect of audio. I did a quick search on what we've been over these few years and interestingly, there haven't been any tutorials on how to create that 80s-ish gated reverb snare sound.Read More…
- Music & AudioHow to Create the Reversed Reverb Effect
- Music & AudioHow to Use Convolution for Reverb & Effects
In this tutorial we're going to dive into the crazy world of impulse responses and convolution reverbs. You're going to see how modern software reverbs are no longer just for simulating spaces, they can also be used for anything from speaker simulations and equalizers, to powerful sound design tools.Read More…
- Music & AudioAudiotuts+ Quiz #18: Reverb