No Starch Press have just come out with a new audio book (distributed by O'Reilly): "The Book of Audacity: Record, Edit, Mix, and Master with the Free Audio Editor". We're giving three of you the chance to win a copy—in your choice of either ebook or print copy. To enter, just leave a comment! Three random commenters will be chosen as winner. Too easy.
Here are our three winners, picked at random:
- Marlin, who left the comment, "This seems like an exciting read!"
- Rousseau, who left the comment, "Cool…!!! I hope I win a copy."
- and Max, who left the comment, "Looks great! I’m interested."
Congratulations - we'll be in touch with you shortly.
If you didn't win and would still like the book, check it out at the O'Reilly website.
The Book of Audacity
Here are some details about the book—new from No Starch Press:
The Book of Audacity shows you how to complete fun and useful projects with Audacity, the cross-platform, open source audio editor and recorder. You'll learn how to digitize your vinyl record collections, create podcasts, record live performances, create super-high fidelity recordings, mix and master multi-track recordings, and create ringtones, special effects, and more. You'll also learn how to package your work for online distribution, whether that means distributing a podcast on iTunes or selling an album on CD Baby.
The book teaches you how to:
- Record podcasts, interviews, and live performances
- Be your own backing band or chorus
- Edit, splice, mix, and master multitrack recordings
- Create super-high fidelity and surround-sound recordings
- Digitize your vinyl or tape collection and clean up noise, hisses, and clicks
- Create custom ringtones and sweet special effects
I'm reading the book right now, and will post a review once I'm finished.
About the Author
Carla Schroder is a systems and network administrator. She is the author of Linux Cookbook and Linux Networking Cookbook (both O'Reilly), as well as hundreds of how-to's for various technology publications. Carla enjoys playing instruments and recording local bands using Audacity.
How to Win
For the chance to win, all you need to do is comment. Make sure to include your correct email address with your comment so that we can contact you. This giveaway is open worldwide, but make sure to get your comment in before midnight this Tuesday, Pacific Eastern Standard Time.
Please note: Envato staff and people who have written more than two tutorials/articles for a Tuts+ site are not eligible to enter.