At Audiotuts+ we regularly put up a reader track for workshopping and critique (find out how to submit a track). This is how it works: you upload your song, and every week or so we'll publish one here and step away from the podium. The floor is yours to talk about the track and how the artist can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. They have put their track (and their heart and soul) in your hands to learn and get useful feedback.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Globetrotter by TOBOT
Artist's website: soundcloud.com/tobot
Description of the track:
Made in Logic during the last two weeks. First I spent a lot of time tweaking the synth sounds until I was satisfied. I used the "strip silence" function on some of the synths, which I first bounced together in different groups. Spent much of the time trying to get the beat sound cool and tight by using eq, compression, and parallel compression. I also used side chain compression on some of the effects. I would love to discuss it and get feedback from others. Best regards, Tobias Niemann Brix aka. TOBOT, Copenhagen, Denmark
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
Submit Your Tracks for Workshopping
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them using this form.