At Audiotuts+ we regularly put up a reader track for workshopping and critique (find out how to submit a track). This is how it works: you upload your song, and every week or so we'll publish one here and step away from the podium. The floor is yours to talk about the track and how the artist can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. They have put their track (and their heart and soul) in your hands to learn and get useful feedback.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Drop Off by Dead Man's Floaty
Description of the track:
This song was produced in Logic. The guitar tracks were all recorded on an acoustic with the Apogee One and an SM-57, then effected in Logic. The bass was done on the acoustic guitar too (I don't have a real one, so it's a little flat). I built the drum track with Ultrabeat, and the other percussion parts are just Apple loops. There are lyrics, but there no vocals recorded here because I need a singer. I am relatively new to digital audio production, so would really appreciate feedback - preferably negative so I know where to go from here. Thanks!
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
Submit Your Tracks for Workshopping
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them using this form.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post