This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. What useful feedback can you give the artist? The floor is yours to talk about the track and how they can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
Description of the track:
This is a song that more came to me then me having to think about. I was talking to an old friend across the country and she was having a rough time and nothing I could think of would help her out. I just started jotting this song down as we talked. The next day I headed down stairs to the studio and put it on tape. When my bass player heard it, he said it reminded him of his ailing mom. The reason I like this song so much is because, from the people who have already heard it, they are reminded of a certain person or time. No story is the same.
Artist's website: johnmichaelrose.net
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them for a workshop using this form. Most but not all submissions are published. There may be a wait of up to two months.