This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. What useful feedback can you give the artist? The floor is yours to talk about the track and how they can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
Description of the track:
A song I wrote about a year ago. It's heavily acoustic based but I'm looking into adding some bass and some form of percussion, most likely a shaker, or some of my cajon, once I learn to properly record and produce it.
I'm looking for feedback on the mixing and levels mostly, but feedback about the music or lyrics are great too. Thanks!
Artist's website: spencernewton.com
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them for a workshop using this form. Most but not all submissions are published. There may be a wait of up to two months.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post