At Audiotuts+ we irregularly put up a reader track for workshopping and critique (find out how to submit a track). This is how it works: you upload your song, and every week or so we'll publish one here and step away from the podium. The floor is yours to talk about the track and how the artist can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
Thanks for your submissions everyone - and keep them coming. We have enough to publish two or three a week at the moment. Let me know if it gets too much.
This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. They have put their track (and their heart and soul) in your hands to learn and get useful feedback.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Primetime by David White
Author's website: www.reverbnation.com/davewhitepdx
Description of the track:
Primetime: Horns all Logic Apple loops tweaked, I don't have a wah-wah so I programmed the guitar rig wah by hand in real time with my mouse. Live bass, live guitar parts. Written, recorded and mixed in one night, was very self-conscious of singing in this register, so i just sang and sang and took the "best" and cut and pasted so it 'made' a song.
(c) 2009 AudioMoxie™ Music (BMI)
(P) 2009 AudioMoxie™ Records
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
Submit Your Tracks for Workshopping
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them using this form.