At Audiotuts+ we irregularly put up a reader track for workshopping and critique (find out how to submit a track). This is how it works: you upload your song, and every week or so we'll publish one here and step away from the podium. The floor is yours to talk about the track and how the artist can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. They have put their track (and their heart and soul) in your hands to learn and get useful feedback.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Pop It Off Early by Tyson Willert
Artist's website: soundcloud.com/tysonwillert
Description of the track:
Yes the killa cam samples are allowed, I do live in LA. Is anyone feeling this?
- Trying to make it as loud as possible and finally beat my reference track. Quality has kind of diminished though, little loss of dynamics chasing perceived loudness
- While I'm getting my loudness I've used reverb to fill the track consequently track doesn't hit as hard? Sound doesn't hit as direct. Little spaced out? Is it too chaotic?
- I know there is no real melody, that's why I'm asking if anyone actually likes this haha
Not really a fan of WIP tracks but this one was messing with me, hey everyone what do you think? BTW where is the forum?
Thanks for the suggestion of a forum, Tyson. There isn't one at the moment. But that doesn't mean there won't be one in the future. Don't expect one too soon.
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
Submit Your Tracks for Workshopping
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them using this form.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post