At Audiotuts+ we irregularly put up a reader track for workshopping and critique (find out how to submit a track). This is how it works: you upload your song, and every week or so we'll publish one here and step away from the podium. The floor is yours to talk about the track and how the artist can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. They have put their track (and their heart and soul) in your hands to learn and get useful feedback.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
After They Have Gone by Mothers Bad Son
Artist's website: soundclick.com/mothersbadson
Description of the track:
I composed this song using an online "studio" called Jam Studio. Once I had the basic structure down I recorded the tracks in my home studio and mixed it down. I believe I ended up with 10 audio tracks and 4 MIDI tracks.
I have dedicated it to every musician, singer and recording artist that has passed before us, giving us songs that we will listen to forever.
My wish is for someone to play this song in 50 years and relate to its message long after I'm gone.
BTW a video of this song is here.
aka Mothers Bad Son
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
Submit Your Tracks for Workshopping
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them using this form.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post