At Audiotuts+ we irregularly put up a reader track for workshopping and critique (find out how to submit a track). This is how it works: you upload your song, and every week or so we'll publish one here and step away from the podium. The floor is yours to talk about the track and how the artist can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. They have put their track (and their heart and soul) in your hands to learn and get useful feedback.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Campus Credit by Hyp
Artist's website: www.reverbnation.com/hyp
Description of the track:
This song, I believe, is a small step in making those who aren't, aware about the ever-growing drug sub-culture in today's college communities. The "credit" refers to how the college is immediately in debt once you give them your funds; it is now their responsibility to bring you success, money, and happiness. However, it does not include drugs, which, as many of us know, are a little piece of happiness that we can't help but love.
I'm looking for general tips on how to make it sound better. Thank you.
As you may have noticed in the comments, Hyp updated the track while waiting for the workshop to be published. The new track is below, with vocals recorded on a better mic, along with other minor tweaks.
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
Submit Your Tracks for Workshopping
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them using this form.