At Audiotuts+ we irregularly put up a reader track for workshopping and critique (find out how to submit a track). This is how it works: you upload your song, and every week or so we'll publish one here and step away from the podium. The floor is yours to talk about the track and how the artist can fix problems in and improve upon the mix and the song.
This track has been submitted for your friendly, constructive criticism. They have put their track (and their heart and soul) in your hands to learn and get useful feedback.
- Do you enjoy the song or track itself? Does it have potential?
- Can the arrangement be improved?
- How did you find the mix? What would you do differently?
- What do you enjoy about the rhythm track? What can be done to improve it?
- Is the choice of instruments relevant and effective for the style/song?
- Are the lyrics (if any) effective? Does the style, arrangement and genre of the song suit them?
- Can you suggest any specific techniques that might improve the track?
- Do you have any other constructive feedback?
Blue Sky by MichaelBrown
Description of the track:
This is an instrumental I recorded recently. Kind of a Pink Floyd/David Gilmour thing. I used Sonar 7 Studio, a Ramsa DA7 digital console (still the best bang for the buck for out of the box tracking and mixing), a Behringer V amp pro for guitars, a Martin D15 acoustic miked with an AT 2020 ( great all-purpose mic for the price). Drums are programed, with a touch of blue egg shaker to humanize it a bit. Let me know what ya think!
Have a listen to the track and offer your constructive criticism for this Workshop in the comments section.
Submit Your Tracks for Workshopping
Need constructive criticism on your own tracks? Submit them using this form.